Breaking Down the Investment
Pita Pit has never been your average quick-serve restaurant (QSR) and there has never been a better time to become a Pita Pit franchise owner-operator. When the first Pita Pit opened its doors in 1995, QSR customers were growing tired of low-quality burgers and greasy fries. Ever since, we have been growing steadily, thanks to being a fun, Healthy Fast Food Franchise that appeals to contemporary tastes like no other.
Pita Pit guests love our Mediterranean menu, where low-carb and even meatless options abound. Pita Pit owner-operators who are passionate about serving fresh, delicious, healthful quick-service food benefit from unparalleled training, support, and ready-to-use systems. Read on to Learn More About the Pita Pit brand and what it takes to become part of our explosive growth.
An Established Brand with a Bright Future
Our founders opened the first Pita Pit in Kingston, Ontario almost a quarter of a century ago. “We made sure that every pita we made, we made it with care,” co-founder Nelson Lang told the Kingston Whig-Standard in a 2015 interview.
Customers flocked to the Pita Pit early on because it was fresh, fun, and different from the average QSR of the time. Without sacrificing convenience or charging high prices, every early Pita Pit delivered high-quality Mediterranean food that was as healthful as it was delicious.
Since then, consumers have grown even more discerning about QSR fare and their diets, while also becoming ever more receptive to international flavors. The global QSR industry is booming in general, and Pita Pit’s emphasis on freshness and quality has made its Mediterranean menu a favorite of diners throughout our steadily expanding service area.
As a result, Pita Pit now boasts more than 200 stores in the United States alone and a total of over 600 worldwide. The Mediterranean diet’s focus on fresh vegetables, lean proteins, and whole grains make it a perfect fit for the goals of today’s health-conscious but flavor-focused QSR diner. While Pita Pit has grown rapidly in recent years, recent projections target even higher rates of expansion.
Every Pita Pit rounds out that appealing bargain with a fun, upbeat atmosphere and industry-leading service. Our enthusiastic, highly trained owner-operators work alongside young, energetic staff members to provide impeccable service with a smile. All these factors combine to make opening a new Pita Pit a terrific opportunity. There are many more reasons why investors who look into the details, though, come away convinced that there is no better QSR franchising opportunity anywhere.
Opportunities Abound for Pita Pit Owner-Operators
Pita Pit was founded to shake up the QSR status quo, and we’ve succeeded. Another important reason for our growth has been the energy and dedication of our talented owner-operators. Just like our founders, our franchisees care deeply about personally serving fresh, healthful, delicious food.
That passion contributes to food quality and dining experiences that we believe no other QSR can match. Invest in opening a new Pita Pit store and you’ll benefit from:
- Training. Every new Pita Pit owner-operator gets off to a great start with nine days of intensive training at our headquarters in Coeur d’Alene, Idaho. Our training program is so comprehensive that you do not need to have any experience in the restaurant industry to grow as a Pita Pit owner-operator. From food prep and cleaning to hiring, bookkeeping, and safety, our experts teach everything you’ll need to know. We make plenty of time for one-on-one learning, too, with a dedicated, on-site Systems Specialist helping every new Pita Pit store get ready for opening day. Our training has helped turn many passionate but foodservice-inexperienced entrepreneurs into highly effective business-building restaurant franchisees.
- Support. We believe in helping every member of the Pita Pit family grow over the long term. We believe our support programs are the best in the business and help our franchisees address every conceivable challenge. The Pita Pit Franchise Resource Center provides solutions to day-to-day issues like marketing, cost control, and supplier relationship management so our franchisees can focus on service and growth. Pita Pit owner-operators can pick up the phone at any time to request advice about any issue. Your personal Systems Specialist will return regularly to make sure your store remains on track.
- Marketing. Our strong, positive brand identity shines through in our marketing, and that benefits every one of our franchisees. Consumers feel good about seeing our charming, tongue-in-cheek ads and our instantly recognizable logo. The same marketing experts who have made the Pita Pit brand so appealing are ready to help you make a splash in your chosen market. As a Pita Pit owner, you’ll have access to a huge collection of top-quality marketing materials that are ready to use.
- Access to proven, reliable systems and vendors. We take pride in the connections we make at the store level with enthusiastic, loyal customers. We’ve been working behind the scenes for many years to develop equally important relationships with some of the best vendors and suppliers anywhere. Before you even open your first Pita Pit store, you’ll be connected to vendors who are equipped to help you grow. Our many carefully tuned systems and processes make things as easy as possible for the right candidate to hit the ground running.
Some QSR franchises initially seem to make a strong case, but fall flat when the details come into view. At Pita Pit, we are committed to helping each franchisee thrive in every way possible. That makes more of a difference than many realize and helps account for our steady growth.
Transparent, Affordable Setup and Operating Costs
Passion is the first thing we look for in Pita Pit candidates, but you’ll naturally need some financial wherewithal, as well. Opening a new Pita Pit store, though, takes less of an investment than many might expect.
This is particularly true given how much training, ongoing support, and opportunity a Pita Pit franchise gives you access to. We believe in the value of transparency and have carefully detailed estimated store-opening cost ranges for prospective franchisees to investigate. Some of the most significant Pita Pit Franchise Cost components are those devoted to:
- Franchise fee. A one-time, market-specific fee ranging from about $24,000 to $30,000 makes you a licensed Pita Pit franchisee. This helps defray the costs of your initial training and subsequent support, along with granting you access to our proprietary, highly tuned systems. Our owner-operators agree, though, that the Pita Pit franchise fee is a small price to pay for the training, support, access, and brand-related benefits they receive.
- Furnishings, fixtures, and equipment. It typically costs around $72,000 to $110,000 to equip a new Pita Pit store with all the furnishings, fixtures, and equipment it needs. This is on top of leasehold build-out costs, which range quite a bit more widely from market to market.
- Starting inventory. For somewhere between $5,000 and $8,000, you’ll be able to stock your Pita Pit with all the ingredients and supplies needed for opening day and beyond. From the moment you sell your first order, you’ll benefit from our strong relationships with carefully chosen vendors.
- Marketing and advertising. Our Local Marketing Program Package ensures that your store will attract plenty of attention well before it opens. That will cost $2,500 to $3,000 and can be supplemented with local-market advertising.
- Initial operating expenses. You’ll need to have some cash on hand to pay suppliers, workers, and others until your store gets off the ground. We recommend that new Pita Pit owner-operators set aside $25,000 to $32,000 to keep up with outlays for the first few months.
There are several other expenses you’ll need to account for, all of which are noted and estimated on the Pita Pit franchise website. All told, it normally takes somewhere between $216,000 and $435,000 to open the doors of a brand-new Pita Pit store.
While we do not provide financing, our experts can help with bank-loan and Small Business Administration applications. Our candidates can also opt into extras like our Smoothie Package and Multi-Unit Development Zone Program.
Contact Us Now to Get Started
For almost 25 years, the Pita Pit name has stood for something special to our many enthusiastic fans. We take pride in how so many consumers consider Pita Pit their favorite QSR destination. Our unique, brand-wide approach to top-quality QSR food and service has certainly helped, but hundreds of individual Pita Pit owner-operators have played major roles in our growth story, as well. We like to think that our appreciation for our enthusiastic, talented owner-operators shines through in the training, support, and other assistance we gladly provide them. Pita Pit is a special sort of QSR Franchise Opportunity, so please contact us or download our franchise brochure to learn about how you can open a Pita Pit restaurant of your own.
Slug: breaking-down-the-investment | Tags: